The UH-Extend engineering programs are designed to serve the needs of a broad range of students, including recent graduates as well as mid-career engineering and technical professionals who are seeking the high-quality graduate education and credentials that the Cullen College is known for.
All the degree and certificate programs under the UH-Extend umbrella are designed to be completed from start to finish in a fully online format. All courses are taught online only, and there is no requirement for any on-campus or face-to-face components.
At any point in your decision-making process, please feel free to schedule time with one of our Online Program Recruiters.
All of the UH-Extend Master’s and Certificate programs consist of the same rigorous curriculum and coursework as traditional face-to-face programs at UH, and are taught by the same faculty. The only difference is in the mode of instruction, which is fully online.
Competitive and cost-effective tuition. All the available engineering programs under UH-Extend have a tuition of $745 per credit-hour, with no additional fees.
A 30 credit-hour engineering Master’s degree under UH-Extend costs a total of $22,350.
A 9-hour graduate Certificate program costs $6,705.
Who Should Apply?
Admission requirements vary by program. Most programs require:
- Math background consisting of three semesters of Calculus, Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
- College-level Chemistry and Physics
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math).
While a background in a related engineering area is preferred, students in broader STEM fields are welcome to apply and may be offered a provisional admission consisting of a select group of leveling and introductory Master’s courses.
- Transcripts of all prior college education
- A summary of professional and relevant experience
- Resume/CV (Upload into Application
- Statement of Purpose (Upload into Application)
- A supporting letter from your current employer is recommended
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (Submit emails within the Application and forms will be sent to Recommenders)
- Recommended GRE*:(Current scale) Q-159, V-150 (Prior scale) Q-750, V-450
- TOEFL or IELTS is required for international students only
Fall semester admission deadline: July 1
Spring semester admission deadline: December 1
Summer semester admission deadline: April 1 (not all programs have a summer admission option)
Please note, application deadlines vary by program. For the most current admissions information, please click here.
To view the full list of programs, frequently asked questions and more, please visit the Virtual Learning and Online Programs website.