Dr. Kirill Larin received an M.S. in Laser Physics and Mathematics from Saratov State University in 1995, an M.S. in Cellular Physiology and Molecular Biophysics from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston in 2001 and a Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences and Biomedical Engineering from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston in 2002. Before joining UH in 2004, Larin completed a postdoctoral fellowship at UT-Galveston in the area of Biomedical Engineering and Optics.
Larin's research interests include biomedical engineering/optics with particular emphasis on diagnostic imaging, biosensing, microscopy and classification of tissues.
- Lan, G., S.R. Aglyamov, K.V. Larin, and M.D. Twa (2021). “In vivo human corneal shear-wave optical coherence elastography.” Optometry and vision science: official publication of the American Academy of Optometry, 98(1), 58-63. https://doi.org/10.1097/OPX.0000000000001633
- Zvietcovich, F., A. Nair, Y.S. Ambekar, M. Singh, S.R. Aglyamov, M.D. Twa, and K.V. Larin (2020). “Confocal air-coupled ultrasonic optical coherence elastography probe for quantitative biomechanics.” Optics Letters, 45(23), 6567-6570. https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.410593
- Raghunathan, R., C-H. Liu, A. Kouka, M. Singh, R.C. Miranda, and K.V. Larin (2020). “Dose-response analysis of microvasculature changes in the murine fetal brain and the maternal extremities due to prenatal ethanol exposure.” Journal of Biomedical Optics, 25(12), 126001. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JBO.25.12.126001
- Miranda, R.C., R. Raghunathan, and K.V. Larin (2020). “Angiographic OCT images forewarn of disorders caused by maternal drug use.” Biophotonics (https://www.photonics.com/Articles/Angiographic_OCT_Images_Forewarn_of_…
- Zvietcovich, F., M. Singh, Y.S. Ambekar, S.R. Aglyamov, M.D. Twa, K.V. Larin (2020). “Micro air-pulse spatial deformation spreading characterizes degree of anisotropy in tissues.” IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, doi: 10.1109/JSTQE.2020.3038633.
- Zvietcovich, F., A. Nair, M. Singh, S.R. Aglyamov, M.D. Twa, and K.V. Larin (2020). “Dynamic optical coherence elastography of the anterior eye: understanding the biomechanics of the limbus.” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 61(7). doi: https://doi.org/10.1167/iovs.61.13.7
- Boerner, P., D. Nevozhay, M. Hatamimoslehabadi, H.S. Chawla, F. Zvietcovich, S.Aglyamov, K.V. Larin, and K.V. Sokolov (2020). “Repetitive optical coherence elastography measurements with blinking nanobombs.” Biomedical Optics Express, 11(11), 6659-6673. https://doi.org/10.1364/BOE.401734
- Ambekar, Y.S., M. Singh, G. Scarcelli, E.M. Rueda, B.M. Hall, R.A. Poché, and K.V. Larin (2020). “Characterization of retinal biomechanical properties using Brillouin microscopy.” Journal of Biomedical Optics, 25(9), 090502. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.JBO.25.9.090502
- Liu, C-H., D. Nevozhay, H. Zhang, S. Das, A. Schill, M. Singh, S. Aglyamov, K.V. Sokolov, and K.V. Larin (2020). “Longitudinal elastic wave imaging using nanobomb optical coherence elastography: erratum.” Optics Letters, 45(12), 3296-3296. https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.398141
- Raghunathan, R., C-H. Liu, Y.S. Ambekar, M. Singh, R.C. Miranda, and K.V. Larin (2020). “Optical coherence tomography to evaluate murine fetal brain vasculature changes caused by prenatal exposure to nicotine.” Biomedical Optics Express, 11(7): 3618-3632. https://doi.org/10.1364/BOE.394905
- [Pending] Larin, K.V., A. Nair, M. Singh, S. Aglyamov (2020). “System and method to measure tissue biomechanical properties without external excitation.” Published Patent Application No. US20200329958 A1.