Dr. Muayyad Al-Ubaidi of the University of Oklahoma as a tenured professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering. Dr. Al-Ubaidi has a solid track record in his field of research. He was the first to publish the genomic sequence of mouse rhodopsin, which served as a stepping-stone for others in the production of mouse models of rhodopsin-based inherited retinal diseases. Utilizing his training in mouse transgenesis, he has been very active in the production of transgenic models of inherited retinal disease. He is currently the PI of an active NIH RO1 grant and additional funding from the Foundation Fighting Blindness, with funding extending out to 2017.
Dr. Al-Ubaidi is a leader in mouse transgenesis. He has been very active in the production of transgenic models of inherited retinal disease.
- Zulliger R, Conley SM, Mwoyosvi, ML, Al-ubaidi, MR, Naash MI. (2018) Oligomerization of Prph2 and Rom1 is essential for photoreceptor outer segment formation. Hum Mol Genet 20: 3507-3518
- Sinha, T, Makia, M, Du, J., Naash, MI, Al-Ubaidi, M.R. (2018) Flavin homeostasis in the mouse retina during aging and degeneration.J. Nutr Biochem 62: 123-133
- Kanan, Y., Gordon, W.C., Mukherjee, P.K., Bazan, N.G. and Al-Ubaidi, M.R. (2015) Neuroprotectin D1 is synthesized in the cone photoreceptor cell line 661w and elicits protection against light-induced stress. Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology 35: 197-204
- Kanan, Y., Jacobi, A.K., Sawyer, K., Mannel, D.S., Tink, J.T., Al-Ubaidi, M.R. (2008) An in-vivo assay to identify compounds protective against light induced apoptosis. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 613:61-67
- Kanan, Y., Moiseyev, G., Agarwal, N., Ma, J.-X., and Al-Ubaidi, M.R. (2007) Light induces programmed cell death by activating multiple independent proteases in a cone photoreceptor cell line. Invest Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 48:40-51
- Tan E., Ding, X-Q., Saadi, A, Agarwal, N., Naash, M.I., Al-Ubaidi, M.R. (2004) Expression of cone photoreceptor specific antigens in a cell line derived from retinal tumors in transgenic mice. Invest Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 45:764-768
- Al-Ubaidi, M.R., Font, R.L., Quiambao, A.B., Keener, M.J., Liou, G.I., Overbeek, P.A. and Baehr, W. (1992) Bilateral retinal and brain tumors in transgenic mice expressing simian virus 40 large T antigen under control of the human interphotoreceptor retinoid binding protein promoter. J. Cell Biol. 119, 1681-1687.